Setting the Stored Procedure dialog box options (ASP.NET)
The purpose of this dialog box is to set up your ASP.NET page to use a stored procedure.
To set the dialog box options:
- Enter a name for the stored procedure.
- In the Connection pop-up menu, select a connection to the database containing the stored procedure.
Click the Define button if you need to define a connection.
- Select a stored procedure from the Procedures pop-up menu.
Dreamweaver automatically fills in any parameters.
- Select the Returns DataSet checkbox if the stored procedure returns a DataSet, and then click the Test button to see the DataSet the stored procedure returns.
- Select a parameter, then click the Edit button if you need to make changes or click the Delete button to delete the parameter.
For more information, see Setting the Edit Stored Procedure Variable dialog box options (ASP.NET).
- In the On Success, Go To text box, enter the location of a page to display after the stored procedure runs successfully or click the Browse button to browse to the location.
- In the On Failure, Go To text box, enter the location of a page to display if the stored procedure fails or click the Browse button to browse to the location.
- Select the Display Debugging Information on Failure checkbox if you want debugging information when the stored procedure fails.
When you select this option, Dreamweaver ignores the On Failure, Go To option.
Use the debugging option during development, and then use the On Failure, Go To option when your site is live.
- Click OK.
After you close the Stored Procedure dialog box, Dreamweaver inserts ASP.NET code in your page that, when run on the server, calls a stored procedure in the database. The stored procedure in turn performs a database operation, such as inserting a record.
- Stored procedures
- Using stored procedures to modify databases (ASP.NET)