Using WebDAV to check in and check out files
Dreamweaver can connect to a server that uses WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), which is a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol that allow users to collaboratively edit and manage files on remote web servers. For more information, see www.webdav.org.
To set up WebDAV access in Dreamweaver:
- If you have not already done so, define a Dreamweaver site that specifies the local folder you use to store your project files.
For more information, see Setting up a local folder.
- Select Site > Manage Sites, and then double-click your site in the list.
The Site Definition dialog box appears.
- If the Basic tab is selected, click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Remote Info category, and then select WebDAV from the Access pop-up menu.
- Specify how Dreamweaver should connect to your WebDAV server.
For instructions, click the Help button in the dialog box.
- Select the Enable File Check in and Check Out option and enter the following information:
- In the Check Out Name text box, enter a name identifying you to other team members.
- In the Email Address text box, enter your e-mail address.
The name and e-mail addresses are used to identify ownership on the WebDAV server and appear in the Files panel for contact purposes.
- Click OK.
Dreamweaver configures the site for WebDAV access.
To check in and check out files using WebDAV: