Embedding a sound file
Embedding audio incorporates the sound directly into the page, but the sound only plays if visitors to your site have the appropriate plug-in for the chosen sound file. Embed files if you want to use the sound as background music, or if you want to control the volume, the way the player looks on the page, or the beginning and ending points of the sound file.
When incorporating sound files in your web pages, carefully consider their appropriate use in your web site, and how visitors to your site use these media resources. Always provide a control to either enable or disable the playing of the sound, in the event that visitors dont want to listen to the audio content.
To embed an audio file:
- In Design view, place the insertion point where you want to embed the file and do one of the following:
- In the Common category of the Insert bar, click the Media button and select the plug-in icon.
- Select Insert > Media > Plugin.
For more information about the Plugin object, see Inserting Netscape Navigator plug-in content.
- In the Property inspector, click the folder icon to browse for the audio file, or type the files path and name in the Link text box.
- Enter the width and height by entering the values in the appropriate text boxes or by resizing the plug-in placeholder in the Document window.
These values determine the size at which the audio controls are displayed in the browser.