Use the Format pop-up menu in the Property inspector or the Text > Paragraph Format submenu to apply the standard paragraph and heading tags.
To apply a paragraph or heading tag:
- Place the insertion point in the paragraph, or select some of the text in the paragraph.
- Using the Text > Paragraph Format submenu or the Format pop-up menu in the Property inspector, select an option:
- Select a paragraph format (for example, Heading 1, Heading 2, Preformatted Text, and so on). The HTML tag associated with the selected style (for example,
h1 for Heading 1,
h2 for Heading 2,
pre for Preformatted text, and so on) is applied to the entire paragraph.
- Select None to remove a paragraph format.
When you apply a heading tag to a paragraph, Dreamweaver automatically adds the next line of text as a standard paragraph. To change this setting, select Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Macintosh); then in the General category, under Editing Options make sure Switch to Plain Paragraph after Heading is unchecked.
- Setting text property options
- Defining CSS type properties