Setting List Properties dialog box options
You use the List Properties dialog box to set the appearance of an entire list or for an individual list item. You can set number style, reset the count, or set bullet style options for individual list items or for the entire list.
For information about using CSS style sheets to set list properties, see Defining CSS style list properties.
To set list properties for an entire list:
- In the Document window, create at least one list item. The new style will automatically apply to additional items you add to the list.
- With the insertion point in the list items text, select Text > List > Properties to open the List Properties dialog box.
- In the dialog box that appears, set the options you want to define the list:
List Type specifies list properties while List Item specifies an individual item in a list. Use the pop-up menu to select a bulleted, numbered, directory, or menu list. Depending on the List Type you select different options appear in the dialog box.
Style determines the style of numbers or bullets used for a numbered or bulleted list. All items in the list will have this style unless you specify a new style for items within the list.
Start Count sets the value for the first item in a numbered list.
- Click OK, to set the choices and close the dialog box.
To set list properties for a list item:
- In the Document window, place the insertion point in the text of a list item you want to affect
- Select Text > List > Properties.
- In the dialog box that appears, under List Item, set the options you want to define the list item:
New Style lets you specify a style for the selected list item. Styles in the New Style pop-up menu are related to the type of list displayed in the List Type pop-up menu. For example, if the List Item pop-up menu displays Bulleted List, only bullet options are available in the New Style pop-up menu.
Reset Count To lets you set a specific number from which to number list item entries.
- Click OK, to set the options and close the dialog box.