Control Shockwave or Flash
Use the Control Shockwave or Flash action to play, stop, rewind, or go to a frame in a Macromedia Shockwave or Macromedia Flash SWF files. To use the Control Shockwave or Flash action:
- Select Insert > Media > Shockwave or Insert > Media > Flash to insert a Shockwave or Flash SWF file, respectively.
- Select Window > Properties and enter a name for the movie in the upper-left text box (next to the Shockwave or Flash icon). You must name the movie to control it with the Control Shockwave or Flash action.
- Select the item you want to use to control the Shockwave or Flash SWF file. For example, if you have an image of a Play button that will be used to make the movie play, select that image.
- Open the Behaviors panel (Window > Behaviors).
- Click the Plus (+) button and select Control Shockwave or Flash from the Actions pop-up menu.
A parameters dialog box appears.
- Select a movie from the Movie pop-up menu.
Dreamweaver automatically lists the names of all Shockwave and Flash SWF files in the current document. (Specifically, Dreamweaver lists movies with filenames ending in .dcr, .dir, .swf, or .spl that are in
- Select whether to play, stop, rewind, or go to a frame in the movie. The Play option plays the movie starting from the frame where the action occurs.
- Click OK.
- Check that the default event is the one you want.
If it isnt, select another event from the pop-up menu. If the events you want are not listed, change the target browser in the Show Events For submenu of the Events pop-up menu.