Editing a Fireworks image or table from Dreamweaver
You can start Fireworks from Dreamweaver to edit images inserted in a Dreamweaver document. When you open and edit an image or an image slice that is part of a Fireworks table, Dreamweaver starts Fireworks, which opens the PNG file from which the image or table was exported.
When the image is part of a Fireworks table, you can open the entire Fireworks table for edits, as long as the <!--fw table--> comment exists in the HTML code. If the source PNG was exported from Fireworks to a Dreamweaver site using the Dreamweaver Style HTML and images setting, the Fireworks table comment is automatically inserted in the HTML code.
To start and edit a Fireworks image placed in Dreamweaver:
- In Dreamweaver, select Window > Properties to open the Property inspector if it isnt already open.
- Click the image or image slice to select it.
When you select an image that was exported from Fireworks, the Property inspector identifies the selection as a Fireworks image or table and displays the name of the PNG source file.
- To start Fireworks for editing, do one of the following:
- In the Property inspector, click Edit.
- Hold down Control (Windows) or Command (Macintosh), and double-click the selected image.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the selected image, and select Edit With Fireworks from the context menu.
Fireworks starts and opens the associated PNG for editing.
If Fireworks cannot locate the source file, you are prompted to locate the PNG source file. When you work with the Fireworks source file, changes are saved to both the source file and the exported file; otherwise, only the exported file is updated.
- In Fireworks, edit the source PNG.
- When you are finished making edits, click Done.
Fireworks saves the changes in the PNG file, exports the updated image (or HTML and images), and returns focus to Dreamweaver. In Dreamweaver, the updated image or table appears.
- Editing Fireworks pop-up menus in Dreamweaver