Setting WebDAV options for remote access
The purpose of these options is to specify the connection settings to your WebDAV server.
To specify your WebDAV settings:
- Enter the complete URL to the directory on the WebDAV server you want to connect to.
This URL includes the protocol, port, and directory (if not the root directory). For example, http://webdav.mydomain.net/mysite.
- Enter your login name and password in the appropriate text boxes.
This information is for server authentication and is not related to Dreamweaver. If you are not sure of your user name and password, check with your system administrator or webmaster.
- Click the Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to remember your password each time you start a new session.
- Click Test Connection to test your connection settings.
- Select the Refresh Remote File List Automatically option if you want the Remote pane of the Files panel to be updated automatically when you add and delete files.
For increased speed when copying files to the remote site, do not select this option.
To manually refresh the Files panel at any time, click the Refresh button in the toolbar.
- Setting the Site Definition Wizard Sharing Files options