Setup checklists for ASP developers
To set up a web application, you must configure your system, define a Dreamweaver site, and connect to a database. This section provides checklists for each task. The tasks are described in more detail in the rest of the chapter.
Configure your system:
- Make sure you have a web server.
- Install an application server.
- Test your installation.
- Create a root folder.
Define a Dreamweaver site:
- Copy the sample files to a folder on your hard disk.
- Define the folder as a Dreamweaver local folder.
- Define a web server folder as a Dreamweaver remote folder.
- Specify a folder to process dynamic pages.
- Upload the sample files to the web server.
Connect to the database:
- If youre using a remote computer as a server, copy the sample database to the remote computer.
- Create the connection in Dreamweaver.
- Configuring your system (ASP)
- Defining a Dreamweaver site (ASP)
- Connecting to the sample database (ASP)