Creating dynamic pages in a Contribute site
When a Contribute user edits a page containing dynamic content or invisible elements (such as scripts and comments), Contribute displays the dynamic content and invisible elements as yellow markers. By default, Contribute users cant select or delete these markers.
If you want Contribute users to be able to select and delete dynamic content and other invisible elements from a page, you can change permission-group settings to allow them to do so; Contribute users normally can never edit dynamic content, even when you allow them to select it.
Using some server technologies, you can display static text using a server tag or function. To allow Contribute users to edit the static text in a dynamic page that uses such a server technology, place the static text outside of the server tags.
To allow a group of Contribute users to delete code from pages:
- Select Site > Administer Contribute Site.
- If certain required options for Contribute compatibility arent enabled, a dialog box appears, asking if you want to enable those options. Click OK to enable those options and Contribute compatibility. For more information, see Preparing a site for use with Contribute.
- If prompted, enter the sdministrator password, and then click OK.
The Administer Website dialog box appears.
- In the Users and Roles category, select a role, and then click the Edit Role Settings button.
- Select the Editing category and deselect the option to protect scripts and forms.For more information, see Creating templates for a Contribute site, and Administering Macromedia Contribute.
- Click OK to close the Edit Settings dialog box.
- Click Close to close the Administer Website dialog box.
- Managing Contribute Sites with Dreamweaver
- Creating templates for a Contribute site