Using predefined data formats
Dreamweaver comes with several predefined data formats that you can apply to dynamic data elements. The data format styles include date and time, currency, numerical, and percentage formats.
To apply data formats to dynamic content:
- Select the dynamic content in either the Live Data window or its placeholder in the Document window.
- Select Window > Bindings to display the Bindings panel.
- Click the down arrow button in the Format column.
If the down arrow is not visible, expand the panel.
- From the Format pop-up menu, select the data format category you want.
Ensure that the data format is appropriate for the type of data you are formatting. For example, the Currency formats work only if the dynamic data consists of numerical data. Note that you cannot apply more than one format to the same data.
- Verify that the format was applied correctly by previewing the page in either the Live Data window or a browser.
- Customizing existing data formats
- Creating new data formats