Creating a DSN-less connection
You can use a DSN-less connection to create an ODBC or OLE DB connection between your web application and your database. You use a connection string to create this kind of connection. A connection string combines all the information your web application needs to connect to a database. For more information on connection strings, see Setting the Connection String option.
To create a DSN-less connection:
- Open an ASP page in Dreamweaver, then open the Databases panel (Window > Databases).
Dreamweaver displays all the connections defined for that site, if any.
- Click the Plus (+) button on the panel and select Custom Connection String from the pop-up menu.
The Custom Connection String dialog box appears.
- Complete the dialog box and click OK.
For more information, see Setting the Custom Connection String dialog box options.
- OLE DB connections
- Using a virtual path to connect to a database
- Troubleshooting Database Connections