Viewing files and folders
You can view files and folders in the Files panel, whether they are associated with a Dreamweaver site or not. When you view sites, files, or folders in the Files panel, you can change the size of the viewing area, and, for Dreamweaver sites, you can expand or collapse the Files panel.
For Dreamweaver sites, you can also customize the Files panel by changing the view--either your local or remote site--that appears by default in the collapsed panel. Or, you can switch the content views in the expanded Files panel using the Always Show option (see Setting preferences for the Files panel).
To open or close the Files panel:
To change the size of the view area in the expanded Files panel:
- In the Files panel (Window > Files), with the panel expanded, do one of the following:
- Drag the bar that separates the two views to increase or decrease the view area of the right or left pane.
- Use the scroll bars at the bottom of the Files panel to scroll through the views contents.
- In the site map, drag the arrow above a file to change the space between files.
To expand or collapse the Files panel (Dreamweaver sites only):
- In the Files panel (Window > Files), click the Expand/Collapse button in the toolbar.
If you click the Expand/Collapse button to expand the panel while it is docked, the panel maximizes so that you cannot work in the Document window. To return to the Document window, click the Expand/Collapse button again to collapse the panel. If you click the Expand/Collapse button to expand the panel while it is not docked, you can still work in the Document window. Before you can dock the panel again, you must first collapse it.
When the Files panel is collapsed it displays the contents of the local site, the remote site, or the testing server as a list of files. When expanded, it displays the local site and either the remote site or testing server. The Files panel can also display a visual site map of the local site.
To change the site view in Files panel, do one of the following (Dreamweaver sites only):
- Accessing sites, a server, and local drives
- Customizing the file and folder details displayed in the expanded Files panel
- Managing files and folders in the Files panel