Inserting Shockwave movies
You can use Dreamweaver to insert Shockwave movies into your documents. Shockwave, the Macromedia standard for interactive multimedia on the web, is a compressed format that allows media files created in Macromedia Director to be downloaded quickly and played by most popular browsers.
To insert a Shockwave movie:
- In the Document window, place the insertion point where you want to insert a Shockwave movie and do one of the following:
- In the Common category of the Insert bar, click the Media button and select the Shockwave icon from the menu.
- Select Insert > Media > Shockwave.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a movie file.
- In the Property inspector, enter the width and height of the movie in the W and H text boxes.
For information on the other properties, see Setting Flash and Shockwave movie properties.