Sharpening an image
Sharpening increases the contrast of pixels around the edges of objects to increase the images definition or sharpness.
To sharpen an image:
- Open the page containing the image you want to sharpen, select the image, and do either of the following:
- Click the Sharpen button in the image Property inspector.
- Select Modify > Image > Sharpen.
The Sharpen dialog box is displayed.
- You can specify the degree of sharpening Dreamweaver applies to the image by dragging the slider control, or entering a value between 0 and 10 in the text box.
As you adjust the sharpness of the image using the Sharpness dialog box, you can preview the change to the image.
- Click OK.
- Save your changes by selecting File > Save, or revert to the original image by selecting Edit > Undo Sharpen.
To undo the effects of the sharpen command:
- Editing images in Dreamweaver
- Cropping an image
- Adjusting the brightness and contrast of an image