Setting highlighting preferences for template regions
You can use the Dreamweaver highlighting preferences to customize the highlight colors for the outlines around the editable and locked regions of a template in Design view. The editable region color appears in the template as well as in documents based on the template.
For more information about viewing templates and template-based documents in Design view, see Viewing templates in Design view and Viewing template-based documents in Design view.
To change template highlight colors:
- Select Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Macintosh).
The Preferences dialog box appears.
- Select Highlighting from the category list on the left.
- Click the Editable Regions, Nested Regions, or Locked Regions color box, then select a highlight color using the color picker (or enter the hexadecimal value for the highlight color in the text box).
For information about using the color picker, see Working with colors.
- (Optional) Repeat the process for other template region types, as necessary.
- Click the Show option to enable or disable displaying colors in the Document window.
Nested Region does not have a Show option; its display is controlled by the Editable Region option.
- Click OK.
To view highlight colors in the Document window:
- Customizing code coloring preferences for a template