Manually updating documents that are based on templates
When you make a change to a template, Dreamweaver prompts you to update the documents based on the template, but you can manually update the current document or the entire site if necessary. Manually updating template-based documents is the same as reapplying the template.
To apply template changes to the current template-based document:
- Open the document in the Document window.
- Select Modify > Templates > Update Current Page.
Dreamweaver updates the document with any template changes.
To update the entire site or all documents that use a specified template:
- Select Modify > Templates > Update Pages.
The Update Pages dialog box appears.
- Complete the dialog box, then click Start.
For more information, see Setting options for the Update Pages dialog box.
Dreamweaver updates the files as indicated. If you selected the Show Log option, Dreamweaver provides information about the files it attempts to update, including information on whether they were updated successfully.
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
- Opening a template for editing
- Updating templates in a Contribute site
- Checking template syntax