Creating a nickname for a favorite asset
You can give nicknames to assets in the Favorites list. The nickname is displayed instead of the assets filename or value. For example, if you have a color named #999900, you might use a more descriptive nickname, such as PageBackgroundColor or ImportantTextColor.
You can give nicknames to assets in the Favorites list in the Assets panel. In the Site list, the assets are listed by their real filenames (or values, in the case of colors and URLs).
To give a nickname to a favorite asset:
- In the Assets panel (Window > Assets), select the category on the left side of the panel that contains your asset.
- Select the Favorites option at the top of the panel to display the Favorites list.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the assets name or icon in the Assets panel, then select Edit Nickname.
- Click the assets name once, pause, then click it again.
- Type a nickname for the asset, then press Enter (Windows) or Return (Macintosh).
The nickname appears in the Nickname column.
- Viewing assets in the Assets panel
- Adding assets to and removing assets from the Favorites list
- Grouping assets in a Favorites folder