Inserting Fireworks HTML code in a Dreamweaver document
The Export command in Fireworks lets you export and save optimized images and HTML files to a location inside the desired Dreamweaver site folder. You can then insert the file in Dreamweaver. For information about exporting Fireworks files as HTML, see Using Fireworks.
To insert Fireworks HTML into a Dreamweaver document:
- In Dreamweaver, place the insertion point in the document where you want the Fireworks HTML code to begin.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Insert > Interactive Images > Fireworks HTML.
- In the Common category of the Insert bar, click the Insert Fireworks HTML button.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Browse to select the desired Fireworks HTML file.
- Select the Delete File After Insertion option to move the original Fireworks HTML file to the Recycle Bin (Windows) or Trash (Macintosh) when the operation is complete.
Use this option if you no longer need the Fireworks HTML file after inserting it. This option does not affect the source PNG file associated with the HTML file.
If the HTML file is on a network drive, it is permanently deleted--not moved to the Recycle Bin or Trash.
- Pasting Fireworks HTML into Dreamweaver