Saving search patterns
You can save a search pattern and reuse it later.
To save a search pattern:
- In the Find and Replace dialog box (Edit > Find and Replace), set the parameters for the search.
If you are performing a tag or advanced text search, see Searching for tags, attributes, or text contained in specific tags for information about setting additional search parameters.
- Click the Save Query button (the disk icon).
- In the dialog box that appears, navigate to the folder where you want to save queries. Then type a filename to identify the query by and click Save.
For example, if the search pattern involves looking for
img tags with no
alt attribute, you might name the query img_no_alt.dwr.
Saved queries have the filename extension .dwr. Some saved queries from older versions of Dreamweaver may have the extension .dwq.
To recall a search pattern:
- Select Edit > Find and Replace.
- Click the Load Query button (the folder icon).
- Navigate to the folder where your queries are saved. Then select a query file and click Open.
- Click Find Next, Find All, Replace, or Replace All to initiate the search.
- Searching for tags, attributes, or text contained in specific tags
- Regular expressions