Switching between views in the Document window
You can view a document in the Document window in Code view, Design view, or Code and Design views.
To switch views in the Document window, do one of the following:
- Use the View menu:
- Select View > Code.
- Select View > Design.
- Select View > Code and Design.
- Use the Document toolbar:
- Click the Show Code View button.
- Click the Show Code and Design Views button.
- Click the Show Design View button.
To toggle between Code view and Design view:
- Press Control+tilde (~) (Windows) or Command+backquote () (Macintosh).
If both views are showing in the Document window, this keyboard shortcut changes keyboard focus from one view to the other.