Editing a behavior in a library item
To edit a behavior in a library item, you must first insert the item in a document, then make the item editable in that document. After youve made the desired changes, you can re-create the library item, replacing the item in the library with the edited item from your document.
To edit a behavior in a library item:
- Open a document that contains the library item.
Note the name of the library item, as well as the exact tags it contains. Youll need this information later.
- Select the library item, and then click Detach from Original in the Property inspector (Window > Properties).
- Select the element that has the behavior attached to it.
- In the Behaviors panel (Window > Behaviors), double-click the action you want to change.
- In the dialog box that appears, make the necessary changes, then click OK.
- In the Assets panel (Window > Assets), select the Library category on the left side of the panel.
- Make sure you have recorded the exact name of the original library item; select the original library item, then click the Delete button at the bottom of the panel.
- In the Document window, select all of the elements that make up the library item.
Be careful to select exactly the same elements that were in the original library item.
- In the Assets panel, click the New Library Item button, then give the new item the same name as the item you deleted.
Be sure to use exactly the same spelling and capitalization.
- To update the library item in your sites other documents, select Modify > Library > Update Pages.
- In the Update Pages dialog box, in the Look In pop-up menu, select Files That Use.
- In the adjacent pop-up menu, select the name of the library item you just created.
- In the Update option, make sure Library Items is selected, then click Start.
- When the updates are complete, click Close to exit the Update Pages dialog box.
- Creating a library item
- Inserting a library item in a document
- Editing a library item