Specifying the editor to start from Dreamweaver
You can specify the editor you want Dreamweaver to use for editing a file type, and add or delete file types that Dreamweaver recognizes.
To explicitly specify which external editors should be started for a given file type:
- Select Edit > Preferences and select File Types/Editors from the Category list.
Filename extensions, such as .gif, .wav, and .mpg, are listed on the left under Extensions. Associated editors for a selected extension are listed on the right under Editors.
- Select the file type extension in the Extensions list and do one of the following:
To add a new file type and associated editor:
- Click the Plus (+) button above the Extensions list and enter a file type extension (including the period at the beginning of the extension) or several related extensions separated by spaces.
For example, you might enter .xml .xsl if you wanted to associate them with an XML editor installed on your system.
- Select an editor for the file type by clicking the Plus (+) button above the Editors list and completing the dialog box that appears.
To remove a file type:
- Select the file type in the Extensions list and click the Minus (-) button above the Extensions list.
You cant undo after removing a file type, so be sure that you want to remove it.
- Setting external image editor preferences