Selecting frames and framesets in the Document window
In the Document windows Design view, when a frame is selected, its borders are outlined with a dotted line; when a frameset is selected, all the borders of the frames within the frameset are outlined with a light dotted line.
Placing the insertion point in a document thats displayed in a frame is not the same as selecting a frame. There are various operations (such as setting frame properties) for which you must select a frame.
To select a frame in the Document window:
To select a frameset in the Document window:
To select a different frame or frameset, do one of the following:
- To select the next or previous frame or frameset at the same hierarchical level as the current selection, press Alt+Left Arrow or Alt+Right Arrow (Windows) or Command+Left Arrow or Command+Right Arrow (Macintosh). Using these keys, you can cycle through frames and framesets in the order in which theyre defined in the frameset file.
- To select the parent frameset (the frameset that contains the current selection), press Alt+Up Arrow (Windows) or Command+Up Arrow (Macintosh).
- To select the first child frame or frameset of the currently selected frameset (that is, first in the order in which theyre defined in the frameset file), press Alt+Down Arrow (Windows) or Command+Down Arrow (Macintosh).
- Selecting frames and framesets in the Frames panel
- Viewing and setting frame properties and attributes
- Viewing and setting frameset properties