Use the Change Property action to change the value of one of an objects properties (for example, the background color of a layer or the action of a form). The properties you can change are determined by the browser; many more properties can be changed by this behavior in Internet Explorer 4.0 than in Internet Explorer 3.0 or Netscape Navigator 3.0 or 4.0. For example, you can set the background color of a layer dynamically.
To use the Change Property action:
- Select an object and open the Behaviors panel.
- Click the Plus (+) button and select Change Property from the Actions pop-up menu.
- From the Type of Object pop-up menu, select the type of object whose property you want to change.
The Named Object pop-up menu now lists all the named objects of the type you chose.
- Select an object from the Named Object pop-up menu.
- Select a property from the Property pop-up menu, or enter the name of the property in the text box.
- Enter the new value for the property in the New Value text box, and click OK.
- Check that the default event is the one you want. (When the event occurs, the action will execute and the property will change.)
If it isnt, select another event from the pop-up menu. If the events you want are not listed, change the target browser in the Show Events For pop-up menu.