Setting up RDS access
The purpose of this dialog box is to set up a connection to your remote server using RDS.
To set up a connection to your remote server using RDS:
- Click the Settings button and provide the following information in the Configure RDS Server dialog box:
- Enter the name of the host computer where your web server is installed.
The host name is probably an IP address or a URL. If you are not sure, ask your administrator.
- Enter the port number that you connect to.
- Enter your root remote folder as the host directory.
For example, c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myHostDir\.
- Enter your RDS user name and password.
These options might not appear if you set your user name and password in the ColdFusion Administrator security settings.
- Select the Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to remember your settings.
- Click OK to close the Configure RDS Server dialog box.
- Select the Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to upload your file to your remote site when you save the file.
- Select the Enable File Check In and Check Out checkbox if you want to activate the Check In/Out system.
For more information, see Checking in and checking out files.
- Setting the Configure Server dialog box options
- Setting Remote Info category options