Setting the Hotspot Property inspector options
The purpose of this dialog box is to create a client-side image map.
To set the options for the hotspot Property inspector:
- In the hotspot Property inspectors Link text box, click the folder icon to browse to and select the file you want to open when the user clicks the hotspot, or type the filename.
If you are linking to a file from within the same site, enter a path that is relative to your document. (Filenames that begin with file:// are not relative.)
- In the Target pop-up menu, select the window in which the file should open in the Target text box.
The names of all the frames youve named in the current document appear in the pop-up list. If you specify a frame that doesnt exist, when the document opens in a browser, the linked page loads into a new window that has the name you specified. You can also select from the following reserved target names:
_blank loads the linked file into a new, unnamed browser window.
_parent loads the linked file into the parent frameset or window of the frame that contains the link. If the frame containing the link is not nested, the linked file loads into the full browser window.
_self loads the linked file into the same frame or window as the link. This target is the default, so you usually dont need to specify it.
_top loads the linked file into the full browser window, thereby removing all frames.
The target option isnt available until the selected hotspot contains a link.
- In the Alt text box, type the text you want to appear as alternative text in text-only browsers or for browsers that have been set to download images manually.
Some browsers display this text as a tooltip when the user pauses the mouse pointer over the hotspot.
- Repeat steps 4 through 7 to define additional hotspots in the image map.
- When you finish mapping the image, click a blank area in the document to change the Property inspector.