Validating HTML form data
This section applies to HTML forms. You can also build ColdFusion forms in Dreamweaver that validate the contents of specified fields. For more information, see Validating ColdFusion form data. For ASP.NET forms, you can insert ASP.NET validation controls in Code view. For more information, consult the ASP.NET documentation.
To validate HTML form data:
- Create a HTML form that includes at least one text field and one Submit button.
Make sure every text field you want to validate has a unique name.
- Select the Submit button.
- In the Behaviors panel (Window > Behaviors), click the Plus (+) button and select the Validate Form behavior from the list.
The Validate Form dialog box appears.
The Validate Form behavior is available only if a text field has been inserted into the document.
- Set the validation rules for each text field and click OK.
For example, you might specify that a text field for a persons age accepts only numbers. For more information, see Validate Form.
- Validating ColdFusion form data