Defining application variables for ASP and ColdFusion
In ASP and ColdFusion, you can use application variables to store and display information that is maintained for the lifetime of the application and persists from user to user.
There are no application variable objects in JSP or PHP.
To define an application variable for a page:
- Open a dynamic document type in the Document window.
- Select Window > Bindings to display the Bindings panel.
- Click the Plus (+) button and select Application Variable from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the name of the variable as defined in the applications source code.
- Click OK.
The application variable appears in the Bindings panel under the Application icon.
Once you define the application variable, you can use its value in a page. For more information, see Adding Dynamic Content to Web Pages.
- ASP and ColdFusion application variables