Enabling the ColdFusion enhancements
Dreamweaver provides a number of enhancements for ColdFusion developers. Some of these enhancements require that you define a computer running ColdFusion MX 7 or later as a testing server for Dreamweaver. For example, the new Property inspectors for form controls are available only if you specify the correct testing server.
You need only define a testing server once. Dreamweaver then automatically detects the testing server version and makes the enhancements available if it detects ColdFusion MX 7.
To enable the enhancements for ColdFusion developers:
- If you havent already done so, define a Dreamweaver site for your ColdFusion project.
For more information, see Setting Up a Dreamweaver Site.
- Open the Advanced Site Definition dialog box by selecting Site > Manage Sites, selecting your site from the list, and clicking Edit.
If the Basic Site Definition dialog box appears, click the Advanced tab to switch to the advanced version.
- Select the Testing Server category and specify a computer running ColdFusion MX 7 or later as the testing server for your Dreamweaver site.
Make sure you specify a valid URL prefix.
For more information, see Specifying where dynamic pages can be processed.
- Open any ColdFusion document.
You wont see any visible changes to the Dreamweaver workspace until you open a ColdFusion document.
- Creating ColdFusion forms
- Securing a folder in your application (ColdFusion)
- Viewing ColdFusion components in Dreamweaver
- Defining a recordset in a ColdFusion component
- Using a CFC recordset as a source of dynamic content
- Creating or modifying a ColdFusion data source