Working with Design Notes
After you associate a Design Note with a file (see Associating Design Notes with files), you can open the Design Note, change its status, or delete it.
To open Design Notes associated with a file, do one of the following:
- Open the file in the Document window, then select File > Design Notes.
- In the Files panel, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the file, then select Design Notes.
- In the Notes column of the Files panel, double-click the yellow Design Notes icon.
To assign a custom Design Notes status:
- Open Design Notes for a file or object (see the previous procedure).
- Click the All Info tab.
- Click the Plus (+) button.
- In the Name field, enter the word status.
- In the Value field, enter the status.
If a status value already existed, its replaced with the new one.
- Click the Basic Info tab and note that the new status value appears in the Status pop-up menu.
You can have only one custom value in the status menu at a time. If you follow this procedure again, Dreamweaver replaces the status value you entered the first time with the new status value you enter.
To delete unassociated Design Notes from your site:
- Select Site > Manage Sites.
The Manage Sites dialog box appears.
- Select the site, then click Edit.
The Site Definition dialog box appears.
- Select Design Notes from the category list on the left.
- Click the Clean Up button.
Dreamweaver prompts you to verify that it should delete any Design Notes that are no longer associated with a file in your site.
If you use Dreamweaver to delete a file that has an associated Design Notes file, Dreamweaver deletes the Design Notes file too; so usually orphan Design Notes files occur only if you delete or rename a file outside of Dreamweaver.
If you deselect the Maintain Design Notes option before you click Clean Up, Dreamweaver deletes all Design Notes files for your site.
- About Design Notes
- Enabling and disabling Design Notes for a site