Visually creating a component in Dreamweaver
You can use Dreamweaver to visually define a ColdFusion component and its functions. Dreamweaver creates a .cfc file and inserts the necessary CFML tags for you.
Depending on the component, you may have to complete some code by hand.
To create a ColdFusion component visually:
- Open a ColdFusion page in Dreamweaver.
- In the Components panel (Window > Components), select CF Components from the pop-up menu.
- On the Components panel, click the Plus (+) button.
The Create Component dialog box opens.
- Complete the dialog box and click OK.
For more information, see Setting the Create Component dialog box options.
Dreamweaver writes a .cfc file and saves it in the folder you specified. The new component also appears in the Components panel (after clicking Refresh).
To remove a component, you must delete the .cfc file manually from the server.
- About ColdFusion components
- Viewing ColdFusion components in Dreamweaver
- Editing ColdFusion components in Dreamweaver
- Building web pages that use ColdFusion components