Dreamweaver customizing basics
There are some basic techniques you can use to customize Dreamweaver to suit your needs without knowing complex code or editing text files. For example, you can change the workspace layout, hide or display the Start page, set preferences, create your own keyboard shortcuts, and add extensions to Dreamweaver.
For information about customizing panel layout in the workspace, see Using panels and panel groups.
For information about customizing configuration files by hand, see "Customizing Dreamweaver" on the Macromedia Support Center at www.macromedia.com/go/customizing_dreamweaver.
This section describes only the most common of the preference options. For information about the other various preference options, see Setting Dreamweaver preferences.
This section covers the following topics:
- Choosing the workspace layout (Windows only)
- Displaying tabbed documents (Macintosh)
- Saving custom workspace layouts
- Hiding and displaying the Start page
- Setting General preferences for Dreamweaver
- Setting Fonts preferences for Dreamweaver display
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Adding extensions to Dreamweaver
- About customizing Dreamweaver in multiuser systems
- Extending Dreamweaver