Handling browsers that cant display frames
Dreamweaver lets you specify content to display in text-based browsers and in older graphical browsers that do not support frames. This content is stored in the frameset file, wrapped in a
noframes tag. When a browser that doesnt support frames loads the frameset file, the browser displays only the content enclosed by the
Content in the
noframes area should be more than just a note saying "You should upgrade to a browser that can handle frames." Some people have good reasons for using a system that doesnt allow them to view frames. Try to make your content as accessible as possible to such visitors.
To provide content for browsers that dont support frames:
- Select Modify > Frameset > Edit NoFrames Content.
Dreamweaver clears the Design view, and the words "NoFrames Content" appear at the top of the Design view.
- To create the NoFrames content, do one of the following:
- In the Document window, type or insert the content just as you would for an ordinary document.
- Select Window > Code Inspector, place the insertion point between the
body tags that appear inside the
noframes tags, then type the HTML code for the content.
- Select Modify > Frameset > Edit NoFrames Content again to return to the normal view of the frameset document.