Identifying and deleting unused files
You can identify and delete files that are no longer used by other files in your site.
To identify and delete unused files:
- Select Site > Check Links Sitewide.
Dreamweaver checks all the links in your site and displays the broken ones in the Results panel.
- Select Orphaned Files from the pop-up menu on the Link Checker panel.
Dreamweaver displays all the files with no incoming links. This means that no files in your site link to these files.
- Select the files you want to delete and press Delete (Windows) or Command+Delete (Macintosh).
Although no other file in the site links to these files, some of the listed files may link to other files. Use caution when deleting the files.
- Checking for broken, external, and orphaned links
- Cloaking folders and files in your site