Using an external image editor
While in Dreamweaver, you can open a selected image in an external image editor; when you return to Dreamweaver after saving the edited image file, any changes you made to the image are visible in the Document window.
You can set up Fireworks as your primary external editor. For more information, see Working with Fireworks.
To start the external image editor, do one of the following:
- Double-click the image you want to edit.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the image you want to edit, then select Edit With > Browse and select an editor.
- Select the image you want to edit, and click Edit in the Property inspector.
- Double-click the image file in the Site panel to start the primary image editor. If you havent specified an image editor, Dreamweaver starts the default editor for the file type.
When you open an image from the Site panel, the Fireworks integration features are not in effect; Fireworks does not open the original PNG file. To use the Fireworks integration features, open images from within the Document window.
If you dont see an updated image after returning to the Dreamweaver window, select the image and then click the Refresh button in the Property inspector.
- Specifying the editor to start from Dreamweaver
- Setting external image editor preferences