Setting the Edit, Update, Cancel Buttons dialog box options
The Edit, Update, Cancel Button column (referred to as the Edit Command Column in ASP.NET) lets users perform in-place editing of information in DataGrid rows. To do so, create an Edit, Update, Cancel column. At runtime, this column displays a button labeled Edit. When the user clicks the Edit button, the row data is displayed in editable controls such as text boxes, and the Edit button is replaced with Update and Cancel buttons.
To set the Edit, Update, Cancel Buttons box options:
- Enter a name for the column in the Title text box.
- From the Button Type pop-up menu, select either link or push buttons. At runtime, this column displays a button labeled "Edit." Link buttons use text links for the buttons, and push buttons use images.
- From the Update Table pop-up menu, select the database table whose data the user will modify.
- From the Primary Key pop-up menu, select a primary key associated with the table.
- Select a data type from the Submit As pop-up menu.
- Click OK.
- Adding an ASP.NET DataGrid to a page
- Modifying a DataGrid or DataList object
- Setting the ASP.NET DataGrid Property inspector options