Troubleshooting Microsoft error messages
This section describes some common Microsoft error messages and ways to troubleshoot them. These errors can occur if you use Internet Information Server (IIS) with a Microsoft database system such as Access or SQL Server. These errors normally occur when you request a dynamic page from the server.
Macromedia does not provide technical support for third-party software such as Microsoft Windows, and IIS. If this section does not fix your problem, please contact Microsoft technical support or visit the Microsoft support website at http://support.microsoft.com/.
The following errors messages are covered in this section:
- 80004005--Data source name not found and no default driver specified (other variations of this message include "80004005--Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed," and "80004005--General error Unable to open registry key DriverId")
- 80004005--Couldnt use (unknown); file already in use (another variation is "80004005--Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file (unknown)")
- 80004005--Logon Failed()
- 80004005--Operation must use an updateable query
- 80040e07--Data type mismatch in criteria expression
- 80040e10--Too few parameters
- 80040e10--COUNT field incorrect
- 80040e14--Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement
- 80040e21--ODBC error on Insert or Update
- 800a0bcd--Either BOF or EOF is true
For more information on 80004005 errors, see "INFO: Troubleshooting Guide for 80004005 Errors in Active Server Pages and Microsoft Data Access Components (Q306518)," on the Microsoft website at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306518.