Setting up Microsoft Visual SourceSafe access
The purpose of this dialog box is to set up a connection to your Microsoft Visual SourceSafe database.
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe database support is only available for Windows.
To set up a connection to your Microsoft Visual SourceSafe database:
- Click the Settings button and provide the following information in the Open Microsoft Visual SourceSafe Database dialog box:
- In the Database Path text box, click Browse to browse for the Visual SourceSafe database you want, or enter the full file path.
The file you select becomes the srcsafe.ini file used to initialize Visual SourceSafe.
- In the Project text box, enter the project within the Visual SourceSafe database you want to use as the remote sites root directory.
- In the Username and Password text boxes, enter your login user name and password for the selected database.
If you dont know your user name and password, check with your system administrator.
- Select the Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to remember your settings.
- Click OK to return to the Site Definition dialog box.
- Select the Maintain Synchronization Information checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to automatically synchronize your local and remote files. (This option is selected by default.)
For more information, see Synchronizing the files on your local and remote sites.
- Select the Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to upload your file to your remote site when you save the file.
- Setting Remote Info category options