Using ColdFusion components
ColdFusion components (CFCs) let you encapsulate application and business logic into self-contained, reusable units. CFCs also provide a fast, easy way to create web services.
You can use Dreamweaver to create and modify CFCs. You can also use Dreamweaver to build web pages that use CFCs.
You can use CFCs only with Macromedia ColdFusion MX or later. CFCs are not supported in ColdFusion 5.
This section covers the following topics:
- About ColdFusion components
- Visually creating a component in Dreamweaver
- Viewing ColdFusion components in Dreamweaver
- Editing ColdFusion components in Dreamweaver
- Building web pages that use ColdFusion components
- Defining a recordset in a ColdFusion component
- Using a CFC recordset as a source of dynamic content