Creating an ASP.NET database connection in Dreamweaver
After obtaining an OLE DB provider for your database (see Obtaining an OLE DB provider for your database), you can use it to create a database connection in Dreamweaver.
Another option is to use the Microsoft Data Link Properties dialog box to help you create the connection. For instructions, see Creating a connection using Data Link Properties.
To create a database connection for ASP.NET:
- Open an ASP.NET page in Dreamweaver, and then open the Databases panel (Window > Databases).
The panel displays the connections defined for the site.
- Click the Plus (+) button on the panel and select OLE DB Connection or SQL Server Connection from the pop-up menu.
Select SQL Server Connection only if you want to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server database.
The OLE DB Connection or SQL Server Connection dialog box appears.
- Complete the dialog box and click OK.
For more information, see the following:
- Setting the OLE DB Connection dialog box options
- Setting the SQL Server Connection dialog box options
The new connection appears in the Databases panel.
- Troubleshooting Database Connections