Setting Remote options for Local/Network access
The purpose of this dialog box is to provide information about your local network access.
To provide information about your local network access:
- Click the folder icon beside the Remote Folder text box to browse to and select the folder where you store your site files.
- Select the Refresh Remote File List Automatically checkbox if you want the Remote pane of the Files panel to update automatically when you add and delete files.
For increased speed when copying files to the remote site, do not select this option.
To manually refresh the Files panel at any time, click the Refresh button in the toolbar.
- Select the Maintain Synchronization Information checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to automatically synchronize your local and remote files. (This option is selected by default.)
For more information, see Synchronizing the files on your local and remote sites.
- Select the Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to upload your file to your remote site when you save the file.
- Select the Enable File Check In and Check Out checkbox if you want to activate the Check In/Out system.
For more information, see Checking in and checking out files.
- Click OK.
- Setting Remote Info category options
- Understanding local and remote folder structure