Performing XSL transformations on the server
You can use Dreamweaver to create entire XSLT pages or XSLT fragments for use in dynamic web pages. An entire XSLT page is a page that, when transformed, generates a full HTML page. An XSLT fragment is a piece of code, used by a separate document, that, when transformed, displays XML data.
Macromedia recommends that you read About server-side XSL transformations before proceeding with any of the following procedures.
Your server must be correctly configured to perform server-side transformations. For more information, contact your server administrator, or visit www.macromedia.com/go/dw_xsl.
This section contains the following topics:
- Workflow for performing server-side XSL transformations
- Creating XSLT pages
- Converting HTML pages to XSLT pages
- Attaching XML data sources
- Displaying XML data in XSLT pages
- Displaying repeating XML elements
- Editing a Repeat Region XSLT object
- Inserting XSLT fragments in dynamic pages
- Deleting XSLT fragments from dynamic pages
- Editing XSL Transformation server behaviors
- Using parameters with XSL transformations
- Creating conditional XSLT regions
- Editing a Conditional Region XSLT object
- Inserting XSL comments