Searching for and replacing text
You can use the Find and Replace command to search for text and for HTML tags and attributes in a document or a set of documents.
To search for files in a site, use different commands: Locate in Local Site and Locate in Remote Site.
To search for text and HTML within documents:
- Open the document to search in, or select documents or a folder in the Files panel.
- Select Edit > Find and Replace.
The Find and Replace dialog box appears.
- Specify which files to search in, then specify the kind of search you want to perform, and text or tags to search for. Optionally, specify replacement text as well. Then click one of the Find buttons or one of the Replace buttons.
For more information, see Setting the Find and Replace dialog box options.
- When youre done, click the Close button to close the dialog box.
To search again without displaying the Find and Replace dialog box:
- Press F3 (Windows) or Command+G (Macintosh).