Setting the Delete Record dialog box options (PHP)
The purpose of this dialog box is to add a server behavior to a page containing an HTML form so that users can delete a record in a database table when they click the Submit button on the form.
To set the dialog box options
- In the First Check If Variable is Defined pop-up menu, specify the HTML form with the Submit button that sends the delete command to the server.
- In the Connection pop-up menu select a connection to the database.
- In the Table pop-up menu, select the database table containing the records to delete.
- In the Primary Key Column pop-up menu, select a key column to identify the record in the database table.
- In the Primary Key Value pop-up menu, specify the variable identifying the record to delete.
- In the After Deleting, Go To text box, enter the page to open after the record is deleted from the database table or click the Browse button to browse to the file.
- Click OK.
Dreamweaver adds a server behavior to the page that lets users delete records in a database table by clicking the Submit button on the form.