The purpose of these options is to set up a connection to your remote server using the WebDAV protocol.
- In the URL text box, enter the complete URL to the directory on the WebDAV server you want to connect to.
This URL includes the protocol, port, and directory (if not the root directory). For example, http://webdav.mydomain.net/mysite.
- Enter your user name and password in the appropriate text boxes.
This information is for server authentication and is not related to Dreamweaver. If you are not sure of your user name and password, check with your system administrator or webmaster.
- Click Test to test your connection settings.
- Click the Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to remember your password each time you start a new session.
- Select the Refresh Remote File List Automatically option if you want the Remote pane of the Files panel to update automatically when you add and delete files.
For increased speed when copying files to the remote site, do not select this option.
To manually refresh the Files panel at any time, click the Refresh button in the toolbar.
- Select the Maintain Synchronization Information checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to automatically synchronize your local and remote files. (This option is selected by default.)
For more information, see Synchronizing the files on your local and remote sites.
- Select the Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save checkbox if you want Dreamweaver to upload your file to your remote site when you save the file.
- Select the Enable File Check In and Check Out checkbox if you want to activate the Check In/Out system.
For more information, see Checking in and checking out files.