Navigating dialog boxes
You can use the keyboard to navigate dialog boxes.
The use of arrow keys is supported for Windows only.
To navigate a dialog box:
- Press the Tab key to move through the options in a dialog box.
- (Windows) Use the arrow keys to move through choices for an option.
For example, if an option has a pop-up menu, move focus to that option, and then use the down arrow to move through the choices.
- If the dialog box has a Category list, press Control+Tab (Windows) or Option+Tab (Macintosh) to shift focus to the category list, and then use the arrow keys to move up or down the list.
- Press Control+Tab (Windows) or Option+Tab (Macintosh) again to shift to the options for a category.
- Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Macintosh) to exit the dialog box.
- Navigating panels
- Navigating the Property inspector
- Navigating frames
- Navigating tables