About background file transfers
Dreamweaver lets you perform other, non-server-related, activities while youre getting or putting files. Background file transfer works for all of the transfer protocols supported by Dreamweaver: FTP, SFTP, LAN, WebDAV, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, and RDS.
Non-server-related activities include common operations like typing, editing external style sheets, generating site-wide reports, and creating new sites.
Server-related activities that Dreamweaver cannot perform during file transfers include the following:
- Put/Get/Check in/Check out files.
- Undo check-out.
- Create a database connection.
- Bind dynamic data.
- Preview Live Data.
- Insert a Web Service.
- Delete remote files or folders.
- Preview in Browser on a testing server.
- Save a file to a remote server.
- Insert an image from a remote server.
- Open a file from a remote server.
- Auto put files upon saving.
- Drag files to the remote site.
- Cut, copy, or paste files on the remote site.
- Refresh Remote view.