Setting options in the Templates tab of the New Document dialog box
The Templates tab of the New Document dialog box enables you to create new documents based on templates in any of your defined sites.
To complete the Templates tab of the New Document dialog box:
- Select a site from the list on the left.
- Select a template from the list on the right.
- Deselect the Update Page when Template Changes checkbox if you dont want Dreamweaver to update this page anytime you make changes to the template that this page is based on.
If you deselect this option, this document in an independent HTML.
- Click the Preferences button at the bottom of the dialog box if you want to set default document preferences, such as a document type, encoding, and a file extension.
- Click the Get More Content link at the bottom of the dialog box if you want to start Dreamweaver Exchange where you can download more page design content.
- Click the Create button.
A new document based on the template you selected appears in the Document window.
- Setting the New Document dialog box options