Creating a timeline by dragging a path
If you want to create an animation with a complex path, it may be more efficient to record the path as you drag the layer rather than creating individual keyframes.
To create a timeline by dragging a path:
- Select a layer.
- Move the layer to where it should be when animation begins.
Make sure you have selected the layer; if the insertion point is in the layer, the layer is not selected. To select a layer, click the layer marker or the layer selection handle, or use the Layers panel. For more information, see Manipulating layers.
- Select Modify > Timeline > Record Path of Layer.
- Drag the layer around the page to create a path.
- Release the layer at the point where the animation should stop.
Dreamweaver adds an animation bar to the timeline, containing the appropriate number of keyframes.
- In the Timelines panel, click the Rewind button; then hold down the Play button to preview your animation.